Last Updated on April 12, 2023 by Tabraiz
One of the cancer forms that is rising the fastest is primary liver cancer, which can be deadly. The most common types of primary liver cancer are cancers of the liver and its bile ducts. Common causes, risk factors, symptoms, and therapies exist for both cancer types.
Healthcare professionals put a lot of effort into finding out who could be at a higher risk so they can find and treat primary liver cancer as soon as feasible. Here you will see liver cancer symptoms, causes, and survival rate:
What is liver cancer?
One of the cancer forms with the quickest rate of growth is liver cancer, which can be deadly. There are two forms of liver cancer: primary and secondary. Primary cancer you can consider is in your liver. Secondary cancer in your body may spread to your liver from another place.
Healthcare professionals can do more to treat liver cancer in its early stages, similar to how they treat many other cancer types. Healthcare professionals are very aware of what raises a person’s risk of acquiring liver cancer, unlike many types of cancer. In this, healthcare professionals are committed to finding out who may be at an increased risk in order to detect and treat primary liver cancer as soon as feasible.
How does liver cancer affect my body?
The largest organ in your body, the liver, aids in food digestion. No one can survive without a liver, making it one of the most vital organs. Your liver performs a number of significant stages, including:
- Gathers and filters blood that is being produced by your intestines.
- Absorbs nutrients from your intestines and processes and stores them.
- Transform some nutrients into your body’s energy or materials to create new tissue.
- Produces bile, a liquid that aids in fat digestion.
- Digests and stores additional meal ingredients, such as sugar, to have energy.
- Produces chemicals that help in blood clotting.
What are the symptoms of liver cancer?
Each person’s liver cancer symptoms will likely be unique, and any of them could also be a sign of another disease. The signs of liver cancer can also appear sooner in some patients, despite the fact that they are more common in advanced stages.
Common early warning signs for liver cancer:
- Right upper abdominal pain tends to be constant and does not come and go, either on the right side or close to the right shoulder blade.
- Fluid overload, a mass-like development of abdominal bloating or swelling,
- Hepatomegaly, an enlarged liver, is felt as a mass under the right side ribs.
Other signs and symptoms of liver cancer
- Dark urine
- Pale/chalky stools
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Unintentional weight loss
- Poor appetite
- Spleen enlargement on the left side felt like a lump under the ribs
- After consuming a small amount of food, feeling full Nausea
Other severe liver infections and illnesses might cause many of these symptoms. As the tumour enlarges and the disease progresses, the symptoms of liver cancer may continue to change and get worse. For a precise diagnosis, the patient must visit a doctor if they experience any probable symptoms.
Pain is typically experienced by patients with advanced liver cancer. The patient may feel pain in both the main liver cancer location and the areas the cancer has progressed to, as cancer has most certainly spread by that time.
What causes liver cancer?
- Even though the exact origin of liver cancer is unknown, cirrhosis, or liver damage and scarring, is thought to be a significant contributing factor in the majority of instances.
- Numerous factors, such as years of heavy alcohol consumption and persistent hepatitis B or C virus infections, can contribute to cirrhosis.
- Additionally, because these factors can result in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, it is thought that obesity and a poor diet raise the risk of liver cancer.
- You may be able to significantly lower your risk of having liver cancer by abstaining from or reducing your alcohol consumption, eating a healthy diet, exercising frequently, and taking actions to lower your risk of contracting hepatitis B and C.
Liver cancer survival rates
Looking at survival rates will reveal the proportion of people with the same type and stage of cancer who are still alive five years or more after their diagnosis. While they cannot predict how long you will survive, they can assist you in better understanding the probability that your therapy will be effective.
Remember that survival statistics are only approximations, frequently based on the outcomes of numerous patients who had cancer in the past, and cannot be used to forecast an individual’s outcome. These statistics may need to be clarified and cause you to have additional inquiries. Ask your doctor how these numbers might apply to you and they know your situation.
Persons with the same type and stage of cancer are compared to people in the general population using the relative survival rate. For instance, if the 5-year close survival rate for a particular stage of liver cancer is 30%, it means that individuals with that cancer have an approximately 30% greater chance than individuals without that cancer of surviving for at least five years following diagnosis.
Why India is the best for liver cancer treatment?
While many people seek western countries for medical care, the costs are typically higher than in India. When compared to western countries, the cost of treatment in India is roughly half that. India is considered one of the best country for liver cancer treatment liver cancer treatment cost in India is low and also provides you with high-quality treatment with world class facilities and experienced doctors.
India has become one of the top nations for offering the most outstanding healthcare services at competitive prices, with excellent success and survival rates. Many foreign individuals have travelled to India to receive treatment for liver cancer due to the country’s accessibility to the best care, highly qualified doctors, and committed post-care facilities.
The stage of liver cancer will determine how it is treated. Early detection may allow for total cancer removal. To get the best treatment, you can consider India. The above listed are the liver cancer symptoms, causes, and survival rates you can consider.