Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Tabraiz
Almost every person in the world is aware of the iPhone because of how good the phone is. The Apple company has made a reputation for itself by pumping out new models every year. This gives the iPhone enthusiastic everywhere a chance to get the latest phone.
However, buying a new phone isn’t something that everyone can afford. The latest iPhone 14 can cost anywhere from NZ$ 1,798 to NZ$ 1,800. That’s why a refurbished/used iPhone 13 can be very beneficial.
But always keep in mind the possibility of being scammed. That’s why we are going to cover should you buy a used iPhone 13 in New Zealand.
In this article, you’ll learn about:
- Benefits of buying a used phone
- Drawbacks of buying a used phone
- Should you buy a used iPhone 13 in New Zealand
Let’s start by going over the benefits of buying a used phone.
Benefits of Buying a Used Phone
Increasing prices for all phones (not just iPhones) should not be a surprise to us anymore. The same phone that you normally get in the NZ$ 500 range is now in the NZ$ 600.
It can really affect us as consumers since we’ve become attached to these smart devices. That’s where refurbished iPhones come into play. Because you can get the same high-end phone in a more reasonable price range.
Some of the benefits of buying a used phone include:
- Cost Savings: Buying a used phone is significantly more economical than buying a new one, allowing you to save money and use it for other things.
- Easy Availability: Used phones are much easier to find than new ones, as they are often listed online or in second-hand stores. With the abundance of used phones, you can quickly compare prices, features, and other details to find the perfect one for you.
- Eco-Friendly: By buying a used phone, you’re helping reduce the amount of electronic waste that ends up in landfills each year.
- Personalization: With a used phone, you can customize it to your liking. You can add new cases and skins, change the OS, or upgrade certain features with relative ease.
- Tested Technology: Another amazing thing about buying a used/refurbished phone is that you get the opportunity to test out different features without having to commit to them. This allows you to determine which features work best for you before investing in a brand-new device.
- Warranty: Many second-hand stores offer warranties on their products, so if something goes wrong with your used phone within the specified timeframe, they will be able to repair or replace it at no additional cost to you.
- No Contracts: Most used phones are not locked to any carrier, so you can switch carriers as needed without being penalized financially.
- More Phone for Less Money: Buying a used phone gives you more features and options than a new one at the same price point. Since you’re not paying for a brand-new device, you’re getting a better value since the cost of used phones is significantly lower than new ones.
- Affordable Repairs: If something does go wrong with your used phone, the cost of repair is usually a lot less than getting a new phone altogether. Plus, depending on where you purchased the phone from, they may offer free repairs or replacements in the event of damage.
Drawbacks of Buying a Used Phone
Everything has its own set of benefits and drawbacks, and the same is true for the used phone 13. That’s why here are a few things that can come with a used phone:
- Risk of Buying a Faulty or Damaged Phone: There is an inherent risk when buying a used phone as there is no guarantee that it will be in perfect working condition. It can have unknown issues like the battery not lasting long or the display is cracked.
- Lack of Service and Support: One of the big drawbacks of buying a used phone is that you may not get any service or support from the seller if something goes wrong with it. Even if they provide some kind of warranty, chances are it won’t cover all problems you may run into while using it.
- No Guarantee on Software Updates: Another downside to buying a used phone is that there is no guarantee that you will be getting any software updates for it. This means you may end up stuck with an outdated version of Android or iOS, which limits the features and security patches available on your device.
- Potential Security Risks: A used phone may also have been rooted or jailbroken by its previous owner, meaning it could have access to all the data stored on it. This is concerning if you are planning to store sensitive information on the device, as there is no telling where and who it has been before.
- Outdated Hardware: Buying a used phone can also mean ending up with outdated hardware that might not be able to keep up with modern apps and games.
- Higher Risk of Theft or Fraud: Buying a used phone also means there is a higher risk of theft or fraud, as you don’t know who the seller is and if they are legitimate.
- Limited Network Compatibility: Many used phones won’t work on certain network frequencies, which means that they may not work in certain areas or even countries due to incompatible networks. So before buying a used phone, make sure to do your research and check if the device will work in your area.
- No Original Accessories: Another major downside of buying a used phone is that you may not get any of the original accessories, like chargers or earphones, with it. This means you may need to spend extra money on purchasing these items separately.
- Potential Data Privacy Issues: Some used phones may still have data from the previous owner stored on them, which can be a potential privacy issue if you plan to use the device for personal or business purposes. Make sure to check for any residual data and delete it before using the phone.
Should You Buy a Used iPhone 13 in New Zealand
By weighing both the benefits and drawbacks of both a used iPhone 13 or any other phone. You can easily decide whether or not you want to buy one.
The main factors that effects that affect this. Decisions are the price of the product and the condition of the product. If either of them is compromised. You won’t buy the phone.
In spite of this, with WiseMarket New Zealand, you will be able to get your money’s worth. The reason behind this is that our refurbished iPhone 13 is in excellent condition and if you want to buy the iPhone 14, then no worries. We also sell brand new phones for those who want to buy one.
Apart from this, if you are interested to know more about Top 5 Trending Technologies for Mobile Development then visit our TECH category.