Turkey is one of the top destinations in the world. And the good news is, the country is open for international travel! Millions of travelers come to this country every year, whether for tourism or business, to enjoy all that Turkey has to offer.
To enter Turkey, you will need to check visa requirements and make sure you apply for a Turkey Visa Application Online if needed. Depending on your nationality, and individual circumstances, you’ll be allowed to stay in Turkey for between 30 and 90 days using this travel authorization.
Below, we’ll explain everything you need to know about any visa requirement for Turkey and how to apply online with iVisa. We’ll go over the requirements, validity, step-by-step process, fees, iVisa’s services, and give some of the best travel tips for Turkey.
What is the Turkey visa?
The visa for Turkey is an electronic travel authorization that grants entry to citizens from over 100 nationalities. It is also known as the Turkey e-visa, electronic visa, or Turkish eVisa on other internet sites, because it is electronically linked to the applicant’s passport, instead of a physical stamp or sticker.
The Turkish visa is valid for up to 180 days after arrival. Visitors will be able to use it for short business or leisure trips that don’t exceed 90 days in Total in duration. However, foreign affairs officials reserve the right to modify the amount of time each visitor is allowed to stay. This will depend on nationality and any additional requirements decided by the Turkish government.
Get this mandatory travel authorization with the extremely straightforward iVisa.com visa application process. The whole process is done fully online and in less than 15 minutes, without visiting an embassy or visa application center near you.
WHICH NATIONALITIES HAVE VISA EXEMPTION OR NEED A VISA FOR TURKEY?
If you want to apply for a Turkey Visa Eligibility, first check if you are eligible with our convenient visa checker tool. Many citizens from other countries are exempt from having to apply for a visa for Turkey. All you need to do where you are from and where you want to travel to (in this case, Turkey). Then, click the ‘Get started’ button to find the exact Turkish visa that applies to you.
HOW LONG IS THE TURKISH VISA VALID FOR?
The maximum stay on the Turkey tourist visa ranges from 30 days to 90 days in total, depending on your nationality. Always check the exact information with your local embassy or visa application centre.
The e-visa for Turkey is a single or multiple-entry visa, again depending on your nationality. Please see our FAQ section at the bottom of this page for further details.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY?
The Turkish authorities require the following to apply:
- Copy of your passport with a passport validity of at least 60 days beyond the duration of stay of your visa. It also needs to be in good condition and have two blank pages for the entry and exit stamps.
- Valid email address to send you the confirmation and final travel documents.
There are certain nationalities that require supporting documents, such as a work visa or residence permit from the Schengen zone, US, UK, or Ireland. To see if your nationality is among them, go to our website and use our visa checker tool.
You can use this visa for holiday or business purposes only. Be mindful that it is not a work permit, which means that you can attend work-related events and meetings, but you are not allowed to apply for a job in the country with this travel authorization. If you wish to stay in Turkey for a long period of time to work or study, your local embassy or consulate is available to help you process the right residence permit.
DO I NEED A VISA IF I’M TRANSITING THROUGH TURKEY?
Transit passengers do not need a visa, as long as they remain in the transit area. If you leave the transit area at the airport, you will need to have the proper visa to visit Turkey.
It’s important to note that visitors arriving via cruise ships who intend to visit any coastal cities or nearby provinces for tourism purposes, are exempt from applying for a Turkish visa, provided that their stay does not exceed 72 hours. However, if you arrive in/depart from Turkey by air, you must still obtain a visa.
HOW DOES THE ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FOR THE TURKEY VISA WORK?
The application process for your Turkey visa is done fully online, without ever stepping into a Turkish embassy or consulate. Simply follow the instructions:
- First, fill out an application form with your personal details. Local authorities ask for your name and last name, ID number, contact information, job specifications, and finances. Your personal information details need to match your identity document.
Any discrepancies are reason enough to get your visa rejected, that’s why the iVisa.com experts are here to help you avoid any mistakes, and check your application thoroughly.
- Second, After you fill out the application form and check that all the information is correct, you’ll be asked to upload the required documents and proceed to the payment platform. Here, you can choose the preferred processing times that iVisa.com offers.
- Third, visa applicants will receive their visa confirmation via email in PDF format once approved.
Upon arrival, the immigration officials can confirm that your passport is electronically linked to a valid Turkey visa. However, we still recommend that you bring a printed copy, as an extra precaution.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS AND PROCESSING TIMES OF THE TURKEY VISA?
Depending on how fast you want to receive your visa for Turkey, the prices vary as follows:
- Standard Processing: Get your visa in 24 hours for a fee of USD $103.49.
- Rush Processing: This option takes only 4 hours for USD $141.49.
- Super Rush Processing: This option is done in as little as 30 minutes for USD $183.49.
All of our processing fees include the government visa fee of USD $51.50.
TRAVELING WITH MINORS
If you’re entering Turkey with minors, they will need to have their own Turkey visa for entry. If you decide to apply with us, you can include all the members of your family in your visa application, and we will process each visa separately. When approved, you will receive a PDF file by email for each traveler in your party.
As of June 1st, 2022, COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. Therefore, passengers arriving in the country do not need to present proof of vaccination or negative PCR-test results. All you need to visit Turkey is to fill out the Health Declaration and a visa if applicable to your nationality. As information can change quickly, checking for any travel updates before your trip is recommended.
How to fill out the Turkey Passenger Locator Form
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Turkish Government implemented the Turkey Passenger Locator Form which must be filled out before entry. Every person, including those with a residence permit, must complete the form before traveling to Turkey. You can fill this out online on iVisa.com, together with your visa applications, from the comfort of your own home.
What else should I know before I visit Turkey?
Traveling doesn’t have to be stressful, especially when it comes to visa applications. This is perhaps the most tedious part of your travel planning, so that’s why we are ready to help you at iVisa.com. Other than that, travel should be exciting! Discover more of Turkey with some of the below travel tips.
START IN INCREDIBLE ISTANBUL
Istanbul, the capital of Turkey, is the perfect place to begin your incredible journey. Explore Hagia Sophia, a mosque that represents the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, and dive into the rich history of this Asian-European country.
EXPLORE THE BLACK SEA
Visit the Sumela Monastery, which faces the Black Sea Coast. The religious complex shows colorful frescoes and spectacular interiors. Even though the monastery is no longer in use, travelers can wander around the cells that once were home to monks from the Byzantine Era. We recommend continuing with Mount Nemrut, where you can find these massive stone heads. These sculptures are reminiscent of the gods of ancient civilizations. And don’t forget to watch the spectacular sunrise overlooking these incredible monuments!
BASK IN THE SUN ON THE MEDITERRANEAN COAST
Turkey has a fascinating Mediterranean coastline, where visitors can perform plenty of maritime activities. Book a yacht tour in Bodrum or Fethiye and stop on the gorgeous beaches, hidden coves, or tiny islands. Beautiful resorts, comfortable hotels and motels, cozy guesthouses, impressive ruins of past civilizations, and magnificent landscapes offer holidaymakers plenty of choices.
Where can I get more info?
If you need further information about the Turkey visa, our customer support team is available to help you 24/7 on the website or via email at [email protected]. They will answer all your questions regarding any travel document you might have. Also, if you need to check the status of your Turkish visa application, this is the best way to do so.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
- Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
- Visa or residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland (if applicable)
- The maximum stay for your Turkey e-Visa ranges from 30 days in Total to 90 days in Total, depending on your nationality.
- The e-Visa is valid for 180 days after the issue date (usually same-day processing). If you’re applying for a date after the 180 day timeframe, we will hold your application and apply on the appropriate date to ensure that your Turkey eVisa is valid when you arrive. This means you can fill in the application on iVisa.com at any time.
- The e-Visa for Turkey is a single or multiple entry visa, depending on your nationality. Please see FAQs to find out if you are eligible for a multiple entry visa.
- You will need to apply for a new visa if the information provided during your visa application is different from the information on your passport.
- There are certain nationalities that require supporting documents, such as a work visa or residence permit from the Schengen zone, US, UK, or Ireland. To view your requirements, please visit our application page and enter your nationality.
- The date of issue of the supporting document should not be later than the date of your trip.
- The Turkey e-Visa is only valid for tourism and short business trips.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 60 days beyond the duration of stay of your visa.
- Immigration officers at the border will stamp your passport when you enter and leave Turkey, so check you have enough pages in your passport for these stamps.
- You don’t need a visa if you are not going to leave the international transit area.
- When your e-Visa expires, you are not allowed to apply for a new e-Visa without departing Turkey.
- Travelers who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport cities or nearby provinces for tourist purposes are exempt from a visa, provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours.