Without any question, curtains can add to the beauty of your interior and make it look sophisticated, symmetrical, and modern. However, choosing the right curtains for your interior can be a daunting task because of the wide variety of available options in terms of style, design, color, and texture.
And, if you’re torn between making such a choice for window coverings or simply want to let yourself know the difference between room darkening, light filtering, and blackout curtains Dubai, then we’re going to explain all these curtain types below.
Room Darkening | Light Filtering | Blackout Curtains
Most people use these terms interchangeably and can get you confused about what these terms actually mean. Although all of these curtain types function to reduce light exposure and increase privacy, not all of them can become an ideal choice for your interior. Here, we’ve differentiated them on the base of their pros and cons to help you select the best option for your interior.
1. Blackout Window Curtains
As suggested by the name of these curtains, they function to create a blackout experience in your room and the extent of blackout depends upon your preference. Blackout curtains comprise 3 different fabric layers that are interwoven, thus making them the ideal choice for day-sleepers.
In contrast to their name, there are many options available for blackout curtains in terms of style, design, color, and pattern. Hence, you can have the freedom to choose the best blackout curtains considering the style and decor setting of your interior.
1. The Advantages Of Blackout Curtains
Below, we’ve listed the amazing benefits of having blackout curtains.
- It is one of the best options if energy efficiency is your primary concern because these curtains will insulate your room to the fullest when closed.
- Also, the thick fabric lining of blackout curtains can function to reduce the outside noise from coming into the room.
- You can choose from a diverse collection of astonishing options for blackout window curtains, thus a versatile window covering option.
- Adding to that, you can enjoy the benefit of added privacy with blackout curtains framing your room windows.
- Besides, these curtains will protect your furniture from the damaging UV rays of the sun, thus preventing fading of furniture.
2. The Disadvantages Of Blackout Curtains
As you know, nothing in this materialistic world can be perfect and so come the disadvantages of having blackout window treatment.
- Blackout curtains can create pitch-black darkness in your room, thus making all the other decor essentials placed in your room useless.
- Blackout curtains comprise thick lining fabric which makes them heavier beside you’ll need sturdy, compact rods to hang them.
- In the case of blackout ready-made curtains, you’ll encounter mostly black, dull colors that may or may not work with your interior theme.
2. Room Darkening Window Curtains
Room darkening curtains are also designed to block out light just like blackout ones, however, the basic difference arises in the quality of fabric material used to manufacture these curtains. Because these curtains comprise a thin fabric in comparison to blackout curtains but still, it’s thick enough to efficiently block out light.
Hence, you can’t create a pitch-black environment in your interior but can enjoy quality sleep. This astonishing feature of room darkening curtains makes them a perfect option for hotels, restaurants, nurseries, bedrooms, etc because these curtains can create an ambient environment and provide much-needed privacy without making the room completely dark.
1. The Pros Of Room Darkening Window Curtains
We’ve described the advantages of framing your room windows with room-darkening curtains.
- In comparison to blackout curtains, these curtains are cheaper.
- They can protect your furniture from the UV rays of the sun, add privacy, and reduce noise.
- Besides, they can also help you save the cost of your energy bills to a great extent.
2. The Cons Of Room Darkening Window Curtains
Alongside the advantages, we’ve enlisted below the drawbacks of room darkening curtains.
- You won’t be able to create a pitch-black environment in your interior.
- Although these curtains don’t comprise too much thick fabric yet they’re heavier than most curtain types and require compact hardware.
3. Light Filtering Window Curtains
In comparison to the above-listed curtain choices, light filtering curtains allow the maximum amount of light to enter the room. These curtains comprise loosely woven, thin fabrics that allow the light to pass through. Unlike blackout and room darkening curtains, light filtering curtains are thinner and lightweight as well.
Adding to that, these curtains can help you maintain proper interior illumination and privacy. Therefore, many hotel and restaurant owners opt for light-filtering curtains to add a sense of coziness and calmness to the environment. Thus, light filtering curtains can soften the beam of light entering the room to create a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere.
1. The Amazing Benefits Of Light Filtering Curtains
Described below is the fundamental significance of having light filtering curtains in your interior.
- It is one of the best window covering options when it comes to completing the existing decor of a space and can work well with almost all styles of interiors.
- These curtains will add a sense of freshness and airiness to your room.
- Also, these curtains are lightweight and easy to mount.
- You can prevent glare distractions to help improve your sleep quality.
2. The Imperfections Of Light Filtering Curtains
Below, we’ve listed the hitches of light filtering curtains that will really make you reconsider your choice about choosing them as your window treatment.
- These curtains fail to provide full-proof privacy unless paired with blinds, shades, or any other type of window coverings.
- As in the name, these curtains only function to filter the light particles and can’t completely block them out.
- Also, these curtains don’t comprise thick fabric meaning they won’t provide insulation and can’t reduce the level of incoming noise in your interior.
We’ve explained the difference between all the three types of curtains and hope that you’ll have clearly understood the actual meaning of these terms for curtains. Now that you know what’s the basic difference between room darkening, light filtering, and blackout curtains, you won’t make any mistake when purchasing one of these curtain sets for your home windows. While the name may be used interchangeably for these curtains, however, these curtain types differ a lot when it comes to functionality.
Read More: magazetty.com