Last Updated on September 15, 2022 by admin
Launching your new e-Commerce store is certainly challenging. Your initial business decisions determine the establishment and growth of your online store and choosing the right e-Commerce platform is one of those decisions. Making the most appropriate and suitable eCommerce platform to build your e-Store is the stepping stone to that success. You need to choose which eCommerce platform Shopify or WooCommerce is best suitable for your brand though they are both the most well-known e-commerce platforms. However, prior to making any decision understanding the ins and outs of these two platforms is imperative. Moreover, you should know what factors to take into account before you choose the right platform for your e-Commerce business.
Things To Lookout For Before Selecting An E-Commerce Platform
Keep the following points to understand how you should select the right e-commerce platform for your business.
- Beforehand estimate the approximate expenditure of starting your online store.
- Know which e-Commerce platform is convenient for you.
- The platform must allow access to various payment and shipping methods.
- Whether or not the platform is scalable.
Important facts about WooCommerce:
Consider the following facts to gain a better understanding of WooCommerce.
- What is WooCommerce? You can initiate the process of building your new online store with the help of WordPress. How? WordPress has a free e-Commerce plugin and that is WooCommerce. From small to large businesses, WooCommerce is a reliable e-commerce platform. Setting up your own online store is really easy. It gives you enough flexibility to develop your online store according to your business requirements. In fact, it is really simple to install.
- The Cost of WooCommerce Store Development: To set up your online store on WooCommerce you need a domain name and a WordPress hosting account. Besides, an SSL certificate is also important. Hence, you can expect you need to spend around 92.97 U.S dollars to launch your store. WooCommerce, on the other hand, offers a variety of free themes and other features you may find useful. WooCommerce store development can certainly be budget-friendly as you can opt for free plugins or tools without having to spend any money.
- Flexibility: You have to manage a lot of things on your own with the WooCommerce platform. It includes installing the plugin. Whereas, you also need to take care of the backups and updates. However, you can easily customize your online store when using WooCommerce. In fact, various plugins and tools are freely available which you can use whenever you need them. However, the page builder on WordPress is certainly not free.
- Payment methods: WooCommerce gives access to numerous payment services that are not even well-known. In fact, offering payment support is not a restriction for any company on WooCommerce. Apart from PayPal and Stripe, it also supports the WooCommerce payment system. While making any transaction through WooCommerce Payments you need to pay extra fees that WooCommerce charges. Apart from this, WooCommerce never charges any fees for using other payment methods.
- Add-ons: When you are working on WooCommerce to build your e-Store, you can certainly use a wide variety of WordPress plugins. Both free and premium plugins are accessible on this platform. These add-ons allow you to build your online store with the features you want. In fact, the integration with various third-party tools with your online store on WooCommerce is also not a big deal.
- Scalability: WooCommerce gives enough flexibility to customize the e-Commerce stores. This allows you to handle the growth of your store as it grows. Hosting costs for your WooCommerce store will certainly increase as your store’s visitor count grows. Why? Since the initial hosting plan cannot continue to provide support for a long time. On the other hand, WP Engine is a WordPress hosting provider that can help you grow your online store.
Important facts about Shopify:
The following facts will help you learn more about Shopify.
- What is Shopify? It is another famous e-Commerce platform. It is a platform that lets you set up your online store easily. Shopify has a user-friendly interface and it is absolutely easily accessible. Managing this platform is so easy that even beginners can use it.
- The cost of Shopify website development: Starting your online store on Shopify requires SSL certificates and also web hosting. Besides, you need to use its subdomain. It is also possible to set up an e-commerce site using your own domain name, but you must buy one. For Shopify plans, you will need to pay 29 – 299 U.S dollars per month. You get a variety of features to customize your online store; however, add-ons are not free. Hence, you need to purchase them as your business expands.
- Flexibility: If you plan to set up your online store on Shopify, you just don’t need to worry about certain tasks. Why? Since it is a completely hosted platform. So many themes are free on Shopify. Hence, you can use them to design your store. In fact, here you get a drag and drop interface and it lets you manage your site and sales very smoothly. If Shopify is your choice then you are unable to use any other tools and add-ons that Shopify does not provide.
- Payment methods: Shopify allows access to various payment options including Shopify payments. On Shopify, whenever users choose to pay a third-party payment gateway Shopify charges extra fees on the transaction. However, Shopify payments are exempt from transaction fees.
- Add-ons: From the app store of Shopify, you get a lot of apps to add to your online store. To grow your online store, you can use various types of apps from the app store. In addition to premium apps, free apps are available as well.
- Scalability: You don’t need to take care of the security and performance of your online store. Shopify takes care of this for you. The simplest way to grow your online store is to upgrade your Shopify website development plan. Hence, growing your business with Shopify is easy but expensive.
Which is better, Shopify or WooCommerce?
Let’s take a quick look to understand which platform is better:
- Shopify has more flexibility than WooCommerce because it isn’t difficult to use. WooCommerce, however, gives you more control over your e-Commerce store than Shopify.
- Shopify may prove to be too costly for you, whereas WooCommerce offers you an opportunity to save your money too.
- If you want to choose a fully hosted platform then Shopify is your best choice. If you are willing to be in charge of your online store’s backups and security, you can choose WooCommerce.
- Most importantly, Shopify outperforms WooCommerce in terms of scalability.
To start an online store, you should always seek help from a leading web design and development company in India. You may choose Shopify or WooCommerce for your online store. If you want an ideal website for your business, you need to hire an expert. After all, an expert web design company can assist with both Shopify website development and WooCommerce store development.