Last Updated on March 26, 2023 by hassan abbas
In today’s the Notched Trowel become popular because of its weight and the fact that it has no risks of becoming rusty like the other metal ones. Both the steel notched Trowel and plastic Notched Trowel is available in the market depending upon the thickness of the plaster. Both are good and reliable you can choose any one of them. Plastic Notched Trowels are used in the construction industry. This tool is designed with notches on both the front and side of the blade and remains side of the blade is smooth.
Different types of plastic Notched Trowel
Uses of the trowel vary and hence the type varies accordingly. There are many types of plastic Notched Trowel available in the market. Some of them are given below.
- V-Notched Trowel: V-notched Trowel is generally used for adhesive of tile, flooring panels, products, etc. It is available in different sizes such as 3/16 inch, 1/8inch, 1/4inch thickness, etc. But 3/16 inch Notched is used most commonly for ceramic, plastic, and metal tile that is 6 by 6 inches, or smaller in size.
- U-Notched Trowel: U-Notched Trowel is generally used for the size or type of product that determines the size of the notched. U-Notched Trowel spread thinner layer as compared to V-notched Trowel.
- Square-Notched Trowel: square-notched Trowel has used the size of the product to determine the size of the notch. Square-notched Trowel spread thinner layer as compared to U-Notched Trowel.
- Margin Trowel: the general use of a margin Trowel is to mix a thin set and spread the material into a tight space.
- Flat Trowel: the flat trowel is generally known as a finishing Trowel because it has no teeth. It is a flat sheet used to smooth a surface area.
Choose the best size of Notched Trowel
There are various sizes of notched trowels are available in the market and these sizes should be matched with tile size because the size and the type of the tile will determine the uses of the Notched Trowel.
- Plastic Notched Trowel helps to provide better thin-set spread patterns and makes it easy to floor installation.
- Before going to choose the size of the notched Trowel first you select the type of tiles you are going to use in the project because the Notched Trowel size totally depends on the size of the tiles you are going to use.
- The proper size of the Notched Trowel gives you the best thin set for your tile installation and helps you to achieve the goal of proper coverage of the surface with a thin set.
How to clean your notched trowel?
The life of the tool is always extended if it is used and stored in a proper manner. You should remember that after using the plastic Notched Trowel clean it immediately because if you forget to clean it. Then it becomes difficult to clean it because mortar becomes hard on the Trowel after that you need an electric grinder to remove these such things. If you clean your trowel immediately after using it can extend the life of these notched trowels.
Note that the blades of this tool are available in four different notches that help to provide better tile installation. Plastic Notched Trowels are used for skimming, scooping, mixing, and spreading at the time of installation of the tile. It is necessary for the proper installation of the tile. These are the most commonly used tool in the construction industry. Choose a better size as per your requirement for the project. This tool makes the installation of a tile work easy and simple. Visit our website for more details.