In case you want to visit India for specialized medical treatment, you can apply for a medical visa.
Medical attendant visa is issued to the person who would accompany such a patient to India. Medical attendant visa will be co-terminus with the medical visa. Only one attendant can accompany a patient as per rules.
Only a single entry visa can be issued for a medical / Indian Medical Attendant Visa.
You would need to submit the following documents for a medical / medical attendant visa:
1) Letter of appointment for medical treatment from recognised hospital / treatment centre in India (clearly mentioning the name of the doctor, address and contact details and the treatment which the applicant will be undergoing). Please note that the medical attendant’s name should be specifically mentioned in the letter of appointment of the hospital / treatment centre in India
2) Medical records and diagnostic reports of the patient in Pakistan clearly indicating the diagnosis and recommendation for treatment abroad for specialised treatment of the ailment / disease for which medical facilities are not easily available in Pakistan.
3) Copy of NADRA Card along with its English translation and the translated copy should be notarized.
4) Valid Polio Vaccination Certificate
5) Copy of any utility bill, such as electricity bill/ gas bill/ landline telephone bill (any one as address proof)
6) An affidavit by the organ donor ( Liver, Kidney etc.) stating the relationship of the donor with patient and that he is donating his organ/s on his own volition and not under any pressure and not due to any commercial considerations.The affidavit shall be attested by Pakistan Foreign Office.
(Format of affidavit on Stamp paper by Donor)
Guidelines for filling the visa application form
Online Application Form for Individual Case
Online Application Form for Group Case
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the High Commission of India, Islamabad located? How can I reach it, in case I want to submit a medical emergency visa application?
The Visa Section is located at Street 3, High Commission of India, Diplomatic Enclave, Sector G-5, Islamabad. You can reach the Indian Medical Visa Section by taking the Diplomatic Shuttle Service from Islamabad Convention Centre, Islamabad.
Can I get a medical / medical attendant visa on the same day?
In case the High Commission is satisfied with the urgent nature of the request for a medical / medical attendant visa, the visa will be issued on the same day, if the visa application is submitted before 1300 hrs.
Can I apply for a visa for additional cities for sightseeing or meeting friends/relatives?
A medical / medical attendant visa is only for one city. You should not apply for a medical visa in case you intend to visit your friends and family in India.
Which medical centre can I visit? Do I need an invitation?
You can visit India for medical treatment if the medical facility you intend to visit for medical treatment is an established/ recognized/ specialised/ reputed hospital/ treatment centre in India.Do medical patients have to report to the police?
Is there any restriction with respect to surrogacy?
Any person seeking a visa to visit India for purposes of entering into a surrogacy arrangement must ascertain beforehand from relevant authorities in Pakistan whether surrogacy would be permitted by law and the child will be provided appropriate travel documents for accompanying the surrogate parents to Pakistan. Entering into surrogacy arrangements without prior intimation that the travel is for this purpose is punishable under Indian law.
How much money can I carry with me while going to India for medical treatment? Can I carry Indian currency with me?
You can bring into India any amount of foreign exchange, subject to the condition that on arrival a declaration is made to the custom authorities in a Currency Declaration Form. It is necessary to fill out a declaration form if the foreign exchange (in the form of currency notes, bank notes, traveller’s cheques etc.) exceeds US$ 10,000 or its equivalent and /or the aggregate value of foreign currency notes is US$ 5,000 or its equivalent.
Bringing Indian currency by any foreign national into India is prohibited and punishable under Indian law. If Indian currency is found in your possession, you may be arrested or deported immediately from point of entry itself. Therefore, please do not convert foreign exchange into Indian currency in Pakistan for taking into India.
Travellers cheques in US$ and pounds are easily exchangeable and ATMs are available in major Indian cities. Credit cards are accepted in hotels and large stores. If you are carrying any foreign currency notes, carry them to India and exchange them into Indian rupees in India itself.
Can I perform some commercial activity like sale purchase or signing any contract while on medical / medical attendant visa?